High Performance, Full-Featured 2U Rackmount NAS Server
List Price: $2,999.00
Our Price: $2,849.00
Thecus Technology Corp. today announced the expansion of its rackmount NAS line up with the addition of the N8900PRO. Embedded with the Intel Xeon E3-1275 Quad Core 3.4GHz processor, 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM (offered up to 32 GB), and an AES-NI hardware encryption engine, the N8900PRO offers business users with a powerful, full-featured solution for file management, data back-up and protection, along with a comprehensive set of business applications to ensure a highly efficient working environment.
- Intel Xeon E3-1275 Quad Core 3.4GHz processor
- 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM (Expandable to 32 GB
- AES-NI hardware encryption engine
- Dual DOM
- Redundant power supply
- 6 x USB 2.0 ports, USB 2 x 3.0 ports
- 1 x HDMI port
- SATA III and SAS 6G compatibility
- Hot swappable hard drives
- RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 and JBOD
With native support for both SAS and SATA drives, The N8900PRO offers great flexibility. Users can experience the superior HDD performance of 6G SAS while SATA provides cost effective, high capacity storage. The N8900PRO also comes 10GbE ready and with 7 modes of link aggregation, users are equipped with several features to increase performance.
The N8900PRO offers a robust set of business solutions to provide best-in-class value including VMware, Microsoft and Citrix virtualization solutions. In order to prevent downtime and assure that your data is always available, the N8900PRO features High Availability. With two Thecus NAS communicating via Heartbeat software, businesses can remain online at all times.
Built to grow with your business, the N8900PRO provides great scalability through Daisy Chaining technology and iCSCI Thin Provisioning, allowing users to reach storage capacities of up to 576 TB. Support for multiple file systems including ext3, ext4, Btrfs and XFS, gives Thecus NAS flexibility to handle many different types of environments, allowing users to simultaneously use different file systems across multiple RAID volumes.
With over 700 apps available to customize your Thecus NAS experience, the N8900PRO can act as a multifunctional, full-featured server. The N8900PRO also provides value added features including bundled Acronis True Image.
High Availability (HA)
For the first time, your data is completely free of delays in access. Regardless of the situation, HA actively keeps your data on two separate, identical NAS. If one needs maintenance, the other will dutifully rise to the occasion without as much as a blip in service. Whether rain, shine, or Armageddon, your data will always be there.
Thecus Dynamic Volume Expansion is a key solution for enterprises and heavy data users who require large amounts of storage with the option of easy growth. By incorporating a 10GbE switch, businesses have the flexibility to add up to eight target devices in a single NAS stack.
With daisy chaining, users now have the ability to cost effectively increase their storage volume while maintaining fast transfers. To set up a daisy chain, one master NAS unit is installed as a controller with up to four DAS linked as slaves. SAS cables are then used to link the units together in order to ensure rapid speeds. The ability to reach tremendous capacities while saving nearly 30% on hardware costs (versus traditional storage architecture) is something truly groundbreaking in the industry.
SATA III and SAS 6G
SATA III and SAS 6G for Ultra-Fast Transfer Speeds Select Thecus NAS now support internal hard drives with SATA III and SAS 6G interfaces which feature top-of-the-line transfers speeds of up to an amazing 6 Gbit/s! They are also backwards-compatible with SATA II drives, so your old disks can still be swapped in and out without a hitch.
PLEX Media Center
The Plex Media Server is both the heart and brains for any digital media system. The free server is a module available on the Thecus App Center that allows you to set up and manage your media. With the Plex Media Server installed on your Thecus® NAS, various devices on your network (such as your Xbox 360 and mobile devices) can connect to and stream your local and online media.
With BTRFS support, Thecus NAS users can enjoy the simplicity of snapshot backups. Through BTRFS subvolumes, snapshots of data at various time points can be manually or automatically made and just as easily later restored to rollback files or folders to previous states.
Disk Clone and Wipe
Disk Clone allows users to copy the entire contents of a disk to one or many other disks while Disk Wipe allows for permanent volume data destruction.
A VPN Server allows users to remotely access a secure network. with VPNs, businesses will be able to utilize a cost-effective, scalable and secured network infrastructure for its client base.
High-end data centers often need a level of speed that today’s average Internet cannot provide. This Thecus NAS is 10Gb Ethernet ready to satisfy the toughest needs of today and tomorrow.
USB 3.0 Connectivity
The next generation of connectivity is here with speeds 10x faster than USB 2.0. Whether connecting digital cameras and smart phones, backing up large external hard drives, or extending the capacity of your NAS, USB 3.0 will make sure it's done in no time at up to 5 Gbit/s. Backwards compatibility adds the connectivity of a world full of USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 devices to get the best combination of speed and universal access.
Acronis True Image
Thecus brings the best to the table with Acronis’s advanced backup software. Back up all your data with One-click Protection or pick and choose only your most important files. Acronis sports a slick interface, user-friendly design, and comprehensive features to keep your data safe.
When it comes to data management, Thecus NAS truly let you have it your way. Create multiple RAID volumes each supporting different RAID modes including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 and JBOD for your own balance of performance and data protection. Should a hard drive malfunction occur, changing one is simple thanks to online RAID migration and expansion, hot spare, and auto rebuild.
Multiple File Systems
Support for multiple file systems including EXT3, EXT4, Btrfs and XFS, gives Thecus NAS flexibility to handle many different types of environments. Users can simultaneously use different file systems across multiple RAID volumes to get the best of each one.
Get the most out of your storage space with the extreme speed of iSCSI and the efficiency of iSCSI thin provisioning. Connect through iSCSI for the fastest data transfer speeds available and make wasted disk space a thing of the past with thin provisioning's flexible storage functionality.
In the modern world, nothing is as important as reaching your data from anywhere. With T-OnTheGo, you can manage your NAS, and upload to and download/stream from your NAS using an iOS or Android device on the go.
Backing up your data is very necessary, and everyone has specific needs when it comes to storage. Thecus’s Rsync functionality gives users great flexibility with remote backup capability, a flexible scheduler, and the stability of Linux-based transfer.
Divide the massive storage of a Thecus NAS among multiple users. Whether there are two users or 100, user quotas make it easy to divvy up and manage disk space.
Thecus NAS products are ready for a number of emerging technologies. Through the built in PCI-e slot, business users can add a 10G Ethernet Adaptor for lighting fast transfer speeds, or a USB 3.0 Adaptor Card to enjoy next-generation connectivity.
|Thecus N8900PRO Hardware Platform|
|Processor||Intel Xeon E3-1275 Processor @ 3.4GHz|
|Processor Compatible with||Intel Sandybridge Celeron Pentium / Core i3 / XEON
**Note: For special OEM/Project only.
|System Memory||8GB DDR3 SDRAM|
|Memory expandable up to||32GB|
|LAN Interface (PCI-e)||RJ-45x3: Intel 82574L 10/100/1000 BASE-TX Auto MDI/MDI-X
|USB Interface||USB 2.0 host port x6 (front x2, back x4) (Type A)
USB 3.0 host port x2 (back x2)
|OLED||Displays system status and information (Multilingual)|
|HDMI Output||HDMI port (back x1)|
|Audio||MIC input, Line input, Audio output|
|SAS/SATA controller (HBA), PCI-e (8-lane)||LSI 2008 HBA card supports 6G SAS/SATA|
|10GbE NIC||(Optional x3)|
|Disk Interface||8 x SATA for internal, support SATA II / SATA III hard disk
1 x eSATA for external HDD/SSD
|Power Supply||Redundant power supply 500W or more|
|PCI-e Slots||8-lane (x3), One is used by SAS HBA
1-lane (x1) used by CU30N (USB 3.0)
|Thermal/Fan control||Thermal sensor on processor temperature|
|System Fan||Hot swappable (x2)|
|Buttons||Power button(Front, shutdown controlled by user interface)
LCM button (ENT, ESC, UP, DOWN)
System reset button
|RS232||1 (For UPS)|
|Environment||Temperature: 0°C to 40°C (Operation) -40°C to 70°C (Non-operation)
Humidity: 0 ~ 80 % R.H. (Non-condensing)
|Chassis||2U 8bay Rack mount|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||87 x 437.5 x 595 (mm) / 3.43 x 17.22 x 23.43 (in)|
|Weight||16.67(Kgs) / 36.75(lb) (NAS only)|
- RAID Modes: RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 and JBOD
- Auto-rebuild: Supported
- Hot-swap: Supported
- Dedicated Hot Spare: Supported
- Global Hot Spare: Supported
- RAID Level Migration: Supported
- RAID Expansion: Supported
- RAID Volume Encryption: AES256bit
- Power Management: Available spin-down on idle setting
- Bad Block Scanning: Supported
- SMART Info: Supported
- SMART Test: Supported
- Disk Roaming: Supports volume-based roaming to other Thecus NAS (require OS5 64bit)
- Disk Wipe and Clone: Supported
- Conguration: Fixed IP address, dynamic IP address
- Transport Protocols: TCP/IP/Appletalk
- File Protocols: SMB/CIFS, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, NFS v4, AFP
- Link Aggregation: Load balance, Failover, Balance-XOR, 802.3ad, Balance- TLB, Balance-ALB, Broadcast
- VLAN: Supported
- TCP/IP: IPV6 & IPV4
- DDNS: Supported
- SSH: Supported
- UPnP: Supported
- UPnP Port forwarding: Supported
- Bonjour: Supported
- VPN Server: Supported
- vLan: Supported
- System Monitor: Monitoring CPU, Memory, Temperature, fan, network utilization and protocols access user count
- Syslog Management:
- Send syslog to assigned location
- Act as syslog server to receive log info from other systems
- Client Incremental Data Backup & Client System Disaster Recovery: Acronis True Image (OEM version)
- Data Burn:
- Create files to ISO image and burn to optical disc
- Create files to ISO image
- Read ISO image from optical disc and write to NAS
- Mac OS X Time Machine: Supported
- Data Guard: Remote Backup/Local Backup/Folder and iSCSI volume based
- Snapshot: Supported (Btrfs)
- High Availability: Supported
- Client OS Support:
- Windows XP and after
- Windows Server 2003 and after
- Mac OS X
- FTP: Built-in FTP server with bandwidth control
- Secure FTP: Built-in secure FTP server with bandwidth control
- TFTP: Users can download and upload les with TFTP programs
- Download Manager: BT download (via Transmission module) NZB download (via NZB module)
- WebDAV/WebDAV SSL: Supported
- Printer Server (IPP):
- Supports USB printers
- Supports a wide range of IPP printers
- Client can manage print tasks (list/delete) via web user interface
Block Level Access
- iSCSI Target/Initiator: Supports Microsoft/Mac OS X/ Linux initiators and Thecus NAS targets
- iSCSI Thin Provisioning: Supported
- MPIO: Supported
- MCS: Supported
- Clustering: Supported
- SCSI3 persistent group reservation: Supported
- Scheduled Power On/Off: Supported
- Multiple RAID: Supported
- Multiple File System Selectable: EXT3/EXT4/XFS/Btrfs
- Tunes Server: Supports AAC, MP3 w/ID3 tag and WAV
- Piczza! Web Server (via module):
- Supports GIF, JPG (JPEG), BMP, PNG
- Support EXIF display
- Support slide show
- Media Server: Supports uPnP AV streaming protocol (via Module)
- Local User: Supports built-in user accounts
- Local Group: Supports built-in user groups
- Windows ADS: Supported
- LDAP: Supported
- Access Guard: Supports Black & White list/IP Filter
- DropBox: Supported (via module)
- ElephantDriver: Supported (via module)
- Amazon S3: Supported
- Type: Journaling File System
- Language Support: Unicode Support
- Authorization (ACL): “Read”, “write”, or “deny” privileges to individual users or groups in folders and sub-folders
- User Quota: Supported (exclude Btrfs)
- Folder Quota: Supported (Btrfs only)
- User Interface: Web-based user interface supports English, Traditional Chinese, Simplfied Chinese, Japanese, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian.
- Utility Program:
- MS Windows Setup Wizard
- Supports Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8
- Mac OS X Setup Wizard
- Email Notifications: Sends system messages via email to the system administrator
- SNMP Trap: System information trap out
Mobile Applications (iOS/Android)
- T-OnTheGo: Upload, download and stream multimedia
- Orbweb.me: Uploading, downloading, streaming multimedia and webcam via P2P connection
- Antivirus: Supported (via module)
- Stackable: Can extend for 5 additional iSCSI volumes from other Thecus NAS
- Daisy Chain: Allowed to daisy chain to an additional 4 sets of Thecus D16000
- Expand through SAS wide port Interface:
1.Can be congured as multi-independent RAID volume
2.Can join to existed RAID volume
- Dual DOM Supported
- Recycle Bin: Supported
- Web Disk: Supported (via module)
- Web Server: Supported (via module)
- ISO Mount: Supported
- User Access Log: Supported
- User / System Module: Supported
- IP Cam Surveillance (module): Supports up to 10 IP cameras (via module)
- Auto Module Installation: Thecus’ module server automatically provides the latest modules and updates through the user interface
- UPS: Supported through USB interface
- Local Display: X-Window via HDMI output
Download the Thecus N8900PRO/N12000PRO/N16000PRO Datasheet (.PDF)
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
List Price: $2,999.00
Our Price: $2,849.00