8-bay 2U Elite Class Business NAS
List Price: $1,899.00
Our Price: $1,804.00
Thecus Technology Corp. today announced the availability of the 7-bay, N7770 and 8-bay, N8880U NAS to the market. These latest additions to Thecus' line of SMB/Enterprise NAS deliver high-performance, resilience, and a wide range of industry-class solutions that handle the rigorous mission critical storage needs of businesses.
- Intel Core i3-2120 (3.3.GHz Dual Core) processor
- 4 GB DDR3 ECC Memory
- 1 x HDMI port
- Hot swappable hard drives
- RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 and JBOD
Powered by the Intel Core-i3 2120 3.3GHz dual-core p rocessor and 4GB of DDR3 ECC RAM are compatible with the latest high capacity SATA drives and NAS stacking is made easy through iSCSI target volumes, allowing for streamline growth with your business. 7 modes of link aggregation are available including load balance and failover for increased performance and network resilience. These units are capable of storing up to 70 and 80 TB respectively of networked storage space, and have the ability to upgrade to 10GBe to deliver lightning fast, persistent throughput speeds.
The N7770 and N8880U offer complete integrity in relation to data backup and protection. Thin provisioning. Replication for disaster recovery. Snapshot technology (Btrfs only). Data Guard for disaster recovery for real-time remote or local backup, plus backup to cloud services including DropBox, ElephantDrive, and Amazon S3. Bundled with Acronis True Image for client data backup and system disaster recovery.
These robust, rapid and reliable SMB/Enterprise storage solutions further deliver on Thecus' ethos of ‘empowering professionals'.
With BTRFS support, Thecus NAS users can enjoy the simplicity of snapshot backups. Through BTRFS subvolumes, snapshots of data at various time points can be manually or automatically made and just as easily later restored to rollback files or folders to previous states.
Disk Clone and Wipe
Disk Clone allows users to copy the entire contents of a disk to one or many other disks while Disk Wipe allows for permanent volume data destruction.
A VPN Server allows users to remotely access a secure network. with VPNs, businesses will be able to utilize a cost-effective, scalable and secured network infrastructure for its client base.
AES 256-bit RAID Volume Encryption
Thecus’s AES 256-bit RAID volume encryption tool allows users to fully encrypt their entire RAID volume, defending essential data even in instances of theft.
Data Guard backup solution is the ultimate software as it provides both local and remote parts. Currently, data is backed up across RAID volumes, external USB drives. In addition, Data Guard uses innovative technology to sync data across the network to other NAS and servers. More importantly, Thecus® Data Guard is the total backup solution which makes managing NAS user-friendly and convenient.
NAS data can now be burned directly to CD, DVD, and Blu-ray discs with Data Burn, this hassle-free module makes burning data to a disk effortless. In addition, burning ISO image file is also supported. Whether you’re managing audio, media or essential files; Data Burn copies information fast while significantly reducing waiting time. The process of burning file to disk is now easy and smooth with Data Burn module.
Link aggregation can sustain multiple network connections and provide redundancy in case one of the links fails. Thecus NAS supports 7 modes which provide Load Balance, Failover, 802.3ad, Balance-XOR, Balance-TLB, and Balance-ALB, Broadcast.
The private and public clouds meet with Thecus’ new DropBox, Amazon S3 and ElephantDrive cloud backup functionality! Guard your data with RAID at home and an additional level of protection in the Cloud. Just drag and drop files into the folder on your NAS and access them on any computer or mobile device with DropBox, Amazon S3 or ElephantDrive.
Make your NAS into the ultimate multimedia hub! The N8880U’s HDMI output allows you to connect your NAS directly to your TV for device management.
USB 3.0 Connectivity
The next generation of connectivity is here with speeds 10x faster than USB 2.0. Whether connecting digital cameras and smart phones, backing up large external hard drives, or extending the capacity of your NAS, USB 3.0 will make sure it's done in no time at up to 5 Gbit/s. Backwards compatibility adds the connectivity of a world full of USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 devices to get the best combination of speed and universal access.
Acronis True Image
Thecus brings the best to the table with Acronis’s advanced backup software. Back up all your data with One-click Protection or pick and choose only your most important files. Acronis sports a slick interface, user-friendly design, and comprehensive features to keep your data safe.
When it comes to data management, Thecus NAS truly let you have it your way. Create multiple RAID volumes each supporting different RAID modes including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 and JBOD for your own balance of performance and data protection. Should a hard drive malfunction occur, changing one is simple thanks to online RAID migration and expansion, hot spare, and auto rebuild.
Multiple File Systems
Support for multiple file systems including EXT3, EXT4, Btrfs and XFS, gives Thecus NAS flexibility to handle many different types of environments. Users can simultaneously use different file systems across multiple RAID volumes to get the best of each one.
Get the most out of your storage space with the extreme speed of iSCSI and the efficiency of iSCSI thin provisioning. Connect through iSCSI for the fastest data transfer speeds available and make wasted disk space a thing of the past with thin provisioning's flexible storage functionality.
In the modern world, nothing is as important as reaching your data from anywhere. With T-OnTheGo, you can manage your NAS, and upload to and download/stream from your NAS using an iOS or Android device on the go.
Backing up your data is very necessary, and everyone has specific needs when it comes to storage. Thecus’s Rsync functionality gives users great flexibility with remote backup capability, a flexible scheduler, and the stability of Linux-based transfer.
Divide the massive storage of a Thecus NAS among multiple users. Whether there are two users or 100, user quotas make it easy to divvy up and manage disk space.
|Thecus N8880U Hardware Platform|
|Processor||Intel Core-i3 2120 Processor @ 3.3GHz|
|System Memory||4GB DDR3 ECC Memory|
|LAN Interface (PCI-e)||RJ-45x2: Intel 82574L 10/100/1000 BASE-TX Auto DI/MDI-X
|USB Interface||USB 2.0 host port x6 (front x2, back x4)(Type A)
USB 3.0 host port x2 (back x2)
|HDMI Output||HDMI port (back x1)|
|VGA Output||VGA port (back x1)|
System alert : Redundant power or system fan failure (Red)
|LCM Module||LCM display
4 buttons (ENTER, ESC, UP, DOWN)
|Disk Interface||8 x SATA for internal, support SATA II / SATA III hard disk|
|Power Supply||Redundant power supply 400W or more (80plus)|
|PCI-e Slots||8-lane x1|
|Thermal/Fan control||Thermal sensor on processor
CPU fan control
System fan control
|System Fan||Hot Swappable (x4)|
|System Clock||Battery-powered up system clock|
|Power Management||Auto power on after shutdown due to power loss|
LCM button (ENT, ESC, UP, DOWN)
|Buzzer||Adjustable frequency alarm|
|Environment||Temperature: 0°C to 40°C (Operation) -40°C to 70°C (Non-operation)
Humidity: 0 ~ 80 % R.H. (Non-condensing)
|Chassis||2U 8bay Rack mount|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||3.54 x 16.85 x 23.07 inch (90 x 428 x 586 mm)|
|Weight||51.35 lb (23.29 kg)|
|Noise||Under 35 dB|
- RAID Modes: RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10 and JBOD
- Auto-rebuild: Supported
- Hot-swap: Supported
- Hot Spare: Supported
- On-line RAID Level Migration: Supported
- RAID Expansion: Supported
- RAID Volume Encryption: AES256bit
- Power Management: Available spin-down on idle setting
- Bad Block Scanning: Supported
- SMART Info: Supported
- SMART Test: Supported
- Disk Roaming: Supports volume-based roaming to other Thecus NAS (require OS5 64bit)
- Conguration: Fixed IP address, dynamic IP address
- Transport Protocols: TCP/IP/Appletalk
- File Protocols: SMB/CIFS, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, NFS v4, AFP
- Link Aggregation: Load balance, Failover, Balance-XOR, 802.3ad, Balance- TLB, Balance-ALB, Broadcast
- VLAN: Supported
- TCP/IP: IPV6 & IPV4
- DDNS: Supported
- SSH: Supported
- UPnP: Supported
- UPnP Port forwarding: Supported
- Bonjour: Supported
- VPN Server: Supported
- System Monitor: Monitoring CPU, Memory, Temperature, fan, network utilization and protocols access user count
- Syslog Management:
- Send syslog to assigned location
- Act as syslog server to receive log info from other systems
- Client Incremental Data Backup: Acronis True Image (OEM version)
- Client System Disaster Recovery: Acronis True Image (OEM version)
- Data Guard:
- Local backup
- Remote backup
- Folder and iSCSI volume based
- Data Burn:
- Burning ISO image file from NAS data
- Burning ISO image file from NAS image
- file Read CD/DVD ISO image file to NAS
- MAC time machine: Supported
- Snapshot: Supported (Btrfs)
- Client OS Support:
- Windows XP/2003/2008/2012/Vista/7/8
- Mac OS X
- Web Disk: Web-based file access (via Module)
- FTP: Built-in FTP server with bandwidth control
- Secure FTP: Built-in secure FTP server with bandwidth control
- TFTP: Users can download and upload les with TFTP programs
- Download Manager: BT download (via Transmission module) NZB download (via NZB module)
- WebDAV/WebDAV SSL: Supported
- Printer Server (IPP):
- Supports USB printers
- Supports a wide range of IPP printers
- Client can manage print tasks (list/delete) via web user interface
Block Level Access
- iSCSI Target/Initiator: Supports Microsoft/Mac OS X/ Linux initiators and Thecus NAS targets
- iSCSI Thin Provisioning: Supported
- MPIO: Supported
- MCS: Supported
- Clustering: Supported
- SCSI3 persistent group reservation: Supported
- Scheduled Power On/Off: Supported
- Multiple RAID: Supported
- Multiple File System Selectable: EXT3/EXT4/XFS/Btrfs
- Tunes Server: Supports AAC, MP3 w/ID3 tag and WAV
- Piczza! Web Server (via module):
- Supports GIF, JPG (JPEG), BMP, PNG
- Support EXIF display
- Support slide show
- Media Server: Supports uPnP AV streaming protocol (via Module)
- Local User: Supports built-in user accounts
- Local Group: Supports built-in user groups
- Windows ADS: Supported
- LDAP: Supported
- Access Guard: Supports Black & White list/IP Filter
- DropBox: Supported (via module)
- ElephantDriver: Supported (via module)
- Amazon S3: Supported
- Type: Journaling File System
- Language Support: Unicode Support
- Authorization (ACL): “Read”, “write”, or “deny” privileges to individual users or groups in folders and sub-folders
- User Quota: Supported (exclude Btrfs)
- Folder Quota: Supported (Btrfs only)
- User Interface: Web-based user interface supports English, Traditional Chinese, Simplfied Chinese, Japanese, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian.
- Utility Program:
- MS Windows Setup Wizard
- Supports Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8
- Mac OS X Setup Wizard
- Email Notifications: Sends system messages via email to the system administrator
- Thecus ID/DDNS: Support One free DDNS registration (e.g. xxx.thecuslink.com)
- SNMP Trap: System information trap out
Mobile Applications (iOS/Android)
- Thecus T-Dashboard: Mobile monitoring and administration (via module)
- Thecus T-OnTheGo: Uploading, downloading, and streaming multimedia
- Virus Scan: Supports Virus Scan
- Stackable: Can extend for 5 additional iSCSI volumes from other Thecus NAS
- High Availability: Supports system level redundancy
- Recycle Bin: Supported
- Web Server (module): Supported
- ISO Mount: Supported
- User Access Log: Supported
- User / System Module: Supported
- IP Cam Surveillance (module): Supports up to 10 IP cameras
- Auto Module Installation: Thecus’s module server automatically provides the latest modules and updates through the user interface.
- UPS: Supported through USB interface
- Local Display: X-Window via HDMI output
- Disk Wipe: Supported
- Disk Clone: Supported
Download the Thecus N7770-10G/N8880U-10G Datasheet (.PDF)
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
List Price: $1,899.00
Our Price: $1,804.00