Superior Performance, Unmatched Security with Built-in Mini-UPS
List Price: $699.00
Our Price: $664.00
Thecus today announced its new zero-crash 5-bay NAS, the N5810PRO. Embedded with an Intel Celeron processor J1900 Quad Core 2.0 GHz SoC and Mini-UPS battery, the Thecus N5810PRO empowers users with lightning fast performance while providing impenetrable data integrity.
- Intel Celeron J1900 Quad-Core SoC processor
- 4GB DDR3 RAM
- Built-in Mini-UPS, Contingency Power Supply
- Disk Clone and Wipe, 100% Data Wipe, Rock-Solid Security
- Link Aggregation, 5 LAN for Network Performance Improvement
- VPN server, Secure Remote Access
- Snapshot Backup, Easy Recovery with Snapshots
- Real-time Remote Replication
- iSCSI LUN and Thin-Provisioning supported
- VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Hyper-V Compliance
- Mini-UPS Patent Number: M512732
Powered by the Intel Celeron processor, 4 GB DDR3 RAM (expandable to 8GB), and equipped with 5 Gigabit LAN ports, the N5810PRO reaches blazing throughput speeds of up to 500 MB/s. The N5810PRO supports seven modes of link aggregation including fault tolerance for resilience and port-trunking modes for increased performance. Built to grow with your business, total storage can be expanded to 50TB, while support for VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft Hyper-V allow for seamless integration into a businesses' virtualization environment.
In order to protect your data in the occurrence of a sudden power outage, the N5810PRO is outfitted with a lithium-ion mini-UPS, allowing the system to store unwritten data to the hard disks and safely shut down. The new 5-bay NAS also supports an array of backup features including local and remote backups, System Failover, and Snapshot Backup using the Btrfs file system. Users can now enjoy enhanced storage functionality while simplifying storage management.
The N5810PRO runs on the newly designed ThecusOS 7.0 offering an easy to use, intuitive user interface. Introducing several new features including Photo Station, Thecus App Center and User Profile. ThecusOS 7.0 delivers significant improvements in design, performance, and user experience. (OS7.0 phase-in on new production from 2016/03/15.)
Users will also be able to enjoy a comprehensive set of entertainment features facilitated by HDMI output and Kodi for multimedia playback and mobile access with the powerful Thecus mobile app, T-OnTheGo.
Uninterrupted Accessibility with Thecus System Failover
Complete Backup & Security
DropBox/ElephantDrive/Amazon S3 Bundled with Free Acronis and Antivirus Real-time Remote Replication (RTRR)
Multimedia Playback via HDMI Output Mobile Connection via T-OnTheGoTM Plex Media Center
Running on the newly-designed, enhanced ThecusOS 7.0
The N5810PRO runs on the newly designed ThecusOS 7.0 offering an easy to use, intuitive user interface. Introducing several new features including Photo Station, Thecus App Center, User Profile, ThecusOS 7.0 delivers significant improvements in design, performance, and user experience. (OS7.0 phase-in on new production from 2016/03/15.)
Uninterrupted Accessibility with Thecus System Failover
The Thecus System Failover feature is a fault tolerance process that creates mirrored data volumes. With at least two Thecus NAS available, data is copied by schedule and all changes are mirrored between the two NAS. While the second NAS is not visible, it communicates with the primary NAS. In the event of a power or network failure, a scheduled maintenance, or other unforeseen circumstances, System Failover automatically redirects operations to the secondary Thecus NAS, which then acts as the primary NAS.
Secure Remote Access with Virtual Private Network (VPN)
A VPN Server allows users to remotely access a secure network. with VPNs, businesses will be able to utilize a cost-effective, scalable and secured network infrastructure for its client base.
Thecus RAID Protection
IT administrators can aggregate multiple RAID groups into a large storage pool to flexibly utilize their entire storage capacity as a whole, all the while improving data redundancy protected with data redundancy and allowing better data protection against multiple disks failure concurrently for large capacity environment. Thecus OS also allows for the creation of multiple volumes in the Storage Pool, improving customizability for various applications in typical business environments with diverse workgroups.
AES 256-bit RAID Volume Encryption
Thecus's AES 256-bit RAID volume encryption tool allows users to fully encrypt their entire RAID volume, defending essential data even in instances of theft.
Fault Tolerance up to RAID 10
When it comes to data management, Thecus NAS truly let you have it your way. Create multiple RAID volumes each supporting different RAID modes including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10 and JBOD for your own balance of performance and data protection.
RAID level migration allows RAID volumes to be easily moved from one NAS to another. And RAID expansion allows you to increase the size of your RAID volume by the gradual replacement of older drives with larger ones.
Snapshot Your Data
With BTRFS support, Thecus NAS users can enjoy the simplicity of snapshot backups. Through BTRFS subvolumes, snapshots of data at various time points can be manually or automatically made and just as easily later restored to rollback files or folders to previous states.
Complete Data Backup Solution
Bundled with Free Acronis Backup Software
Thecus brings the best to the table with Acronis's advanced backup software. Back up all your data with One-click Protection or pick and choose only your most important files. Acronis sports a slick interface, user-friendly design, and comprehensive features to keep your data safe.
Local Backup & Time Machine
PC users can utilize local backup devices while Mac users can automatically back up their entire Mac. Whenever a need arises, users can simply go back and recover files quickly and effortlessly
Real-Time Remote Replication (Rsync)
This innovative backup feature allows users to back up files instantly to their NAS, external hard drive, or remote NAS. RTRR saves you time as it is able to back up data immediately and automatically.
The Cloud Done Your Way
We’re a mobile society, and our NAS solutions are keeping up! Incorporated into Thecus NAS is support for Thecus’s T-OnTheGo smartphone app. Supporting both iOS and Android, this NAS management software enables users to access, copy, stream, and edit any data between their NAS and mobile device. Your own personal cloud, available from anywhere with internet access.
The private and public clouds meet with Thecus’ new DropBox, Amazon S3 and ElephantDrive cloud backup functionality! Guard your data with RAID at home and an additional level of protection in the Cloud. Just drag and drop files into the folder on your NAS and access them on any computer or mobile device with DropBox, Amazon S3 or ElephantDrive.
Remote Access via DDNS
Enable easy access to your NAS with Dynamic DNS. DDNS allows users to allocate and access their NAS files via the internet remotely. When the IP address is changed, the DDNS server will automatically adjust your address to make sure that remote access is always available. In short, DDNS provides convenient remote access to your Thecus NAS possible by utilizing domain names instead of IP digits.
Multimedia Data Center
Direct Media File Playback via HDMI Output
Transform your NAS into the ultimate multimedia hub! Thecus NAS integrated HDMI output allows you to connect your NAS directly to your TV for direct device management and multimedia playback.
Media Streaming to XBOX360/PS4 via Plex Media Server
With the Plex Media Server installed on your Thecus NAS, various devices on your network (such as your Xbox 360 and mobile devices) can connect to and stream your local and online media. The server can also automatically assemble iTunes, iPhoto, and Aperture content. From your favorite videos to your mountains of music, Plex makes it easy to manage and enjoy all of your media on your Thecus NAS.
TV Streaming via Apple TV/Chromecast
Thecus NAS allow you to have your very own entertainment hub wherever you go. With TV streaming support and mobile apps, you can share all your favorite photos, music, and videos.
7 Modes of Link Aggregation for Faster Transfers
Link aggregation can sustain multiple network connections and provide redundancy in case one of the links fails. Thecus NAS supports 7 modes which provide Load Balance, Failover, 802.3ad, Balance-XOR, Balance-TLB, and Balance-ALB, Broadcast.
Flexible Storage Allocation with iSCSI LUN and Thin-Provisioning
Get the most out of your storage space with the extreme speed of iSCSI and the efficiency of iSCSI thin provisioning. Connect through iSCSI for the fastest data transfer speeds available and make wasted disk space a thing of the past with thin provisioning's flexible storage functionality.
|Thecus N5810PRO Hardware Platform|
|Processor||Intel Celeron J1900 Quad-Core SoC|
|System Memory||4GB DDR3|
|LAN Interface||RJ-45x2: 10/100/1000 BASE-TX Auto MDI/MDI-X
WOL supported (eth0)
|USB Interface||USB 3.0 host port x3 (Front x1,Back x2) (A Type)
USB 2.0 host port x2 (Back x2) (A Type)
|LED Indicator||Power LED: White
WAN/LAN1 LED: White
LAN LED: White
USB LED: Activity/Failure: White/Red
System LED: Activity/Failure: White/Red
|LCM Module||LCM display
4 buttons (ENTER, ESC, UP, DOWN)
|HDMI Output||HDMI port (back x1)|
|Disk Interface||5 x SATA for internal, support SATA II / SATA III hard disk|
|Power Adapter||130W Internal Power Supply|
|Thermal/Fan control||Thermal sensor on processor temperature
System FAN speed controlled by temperature
|System Clock||Battery-backed up system clock|
|Power Management||Auto power on after shutdown due to power loss|
|Buzzer||Adjustable frequency alarm|
0°C to 40°C (Operation)
-40°C to 70°C (Non-operation)
Humidity: 0 ~ 80 % R.H. (Non-condensing)
|Chassis||5bays Tower Metal Chassis|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||230 x 190 x 240 (mm) / 9.06 x7.48 x 9.45 (in)|
|Weight||5.96(Kgs) / 6.33(Kgs) (with Mini-UPS)|
- RAID Modes: RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10 and JBOD
- Auto-rebuild: Supported
- Hot-swap: Supported
- Hot Spare: Supported
- RAID Level Migration: Supported
- RAID Expansion: Supported
- RAID Volume Encryption: AES256bit
- Power Management: Available spin-down while idle setting
- Bad Block Scan: Supported
- SMART Info: Supported
- SMART Test: Supported
- Disk Roaming: Supports volume-based roaming to other Thecus NAS (Require ThecusOS 7 64 bit)
- Disk Wipe and Clone: Supported
- Disk Security: Supported
- Conguration: Fixed IP address, dynamic IP address
- Transport Protocols: TCP/IP/Appletalk
- File Protocols: SMB/CIFS, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, NFS v4, AFP
- Link Aggregation: Load balance, Failover, 802.3ad, Balance-XOR, Balance-TLB, Balance-ALB, Broadcast
- TCP/IP: IPV6 & IPV4
- DDNS: Supported
- SSH: Supported
- UPnP: Supported
- UPnP Port forwarding: Supported
- Bonjour: Supported
- VPN Server: Supported
- vLan: Supported
- System Monitor: Monitoring CPU, memory, network utilization and protocols access user count
- Syslog Management:
- Send syslog to assigned location
- Act as syslog server to receive log info from other systems
- Client Incremental Data Backup: Acronis True Image (OEM version)
- Client System Disaster Recovery: Acronis True Image (OEM version)
- Local folder/iSCSI Backup: Supported
- Remote folder/iSCSI Backup: Supported
- Mac OS X Time Machine: Supported
- System failover: Supported
- Snapshot: Supported (Btrfs)
- Client OS Support:
- Windows XP and after
- Windows Server 2003 and after
- Mac OS X
- FTP: Built-in FTP server with bandwidth control
- Secure FTP: Built-in secure FTP server with bandwidth control
- TFTP: Users can download and upload les with TFTP programs
- Download Manager: BT download (via Transmission module) NZB download (via NZB module)
- WebDAV/WebDAV SSL: Supported
- Printer Server (IPP):
- Supports USB printers
- Supports a wide range of IPP printers
- Client can manage print tasks (list/delete) via web user interface
Block Level Access
- iSCSI Target/Initiator: Supports Microsoft/Mac OS X/ Linux initiators and Thecus NAS targets
- iSCSI Thin Provisioning: Supported
- MPIO: Supported
- MCS: Supported
- Clustering: Supported
- SCSI3 persistent group reservation: Supported
- Scheduled Power On/Off: Supported
- Multiple RAID: Supported
Multiple File System Selectable: EXT4/XFS/Btrfs
- iTunes Server: Supports AAC, MP3 w/ID3 tag and WAV
- Media Server: Supports uPnP AV streaming protocol (via Module)
- Local User: Supports built-in user accounts
- Local Group: Supports built-in user groups
- Windows ADS: Supported
- LDAP: Supported
- Access Guard: Supports Black & White list/IP Filter
- Photo Center: Supported
File Center: Supported
APP Center: Supported
Surveillance Center: Supported
- DropBox: Supported (via module)
- ElephantDriver: Supported (via module)
- Amazon S3: Supported
- Type: Journaling File System
- Language Support: Unicode Support
- Authorization (ACL): “Read”, “write”, or “deny” privileges to individual users or groups in folders and sub-folders
- User Quota: Supported (exclude Btrfs)
- Folder Quota: Supported (Btrfs only)
- User Interface: Web-based user interface supports English, Traditional Chinese, Simplfied Chinese, Japanese, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian.
- Utility Program:
- MS Windows Setup Wizard
- Supports Windows XP and after
- Mac OS X Setup Wizard
- Email Notifications: Sends system messages via email to the system administrator
- SNMP Trap: System information trap out
- P2P Connection: Mail or FB account to register
Mobile Applications (iOS/Android)
- Thecus Connect (Android): Provides live up-to-date information of your NAS
- Thecus Wizard: Offers fast NAS Setup via your phone
- T-OnTheGo: Upload, download and stream multimedia
- Orbweb.me: Uploading, downloading, streaming multimedia and webcam via P2P connection
- Antivirus: Supported (via module)
- Stackable: Can extend for 5 additional iSCSI volumes from other Thecus NAS
- Scale-Out: Dynamic Volume Expansion
- Recycled Bin: Supported
- Local Display: X-Window via HDMI output
Download the Thecus N5810PRO Datasheet (.PDF)
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
List Price: $699.00
Our Price: $664.00