High-Value 4-Bay NAS. Your Personal Cloud.
List Price: $499.00
Our Price: $474.00
Thecus today announced the release of the N4810, an expanded 4-bay version of the N2810PRO that will come equipped with 4 GB of DDR3 RAM (expandable to 8GB) and the Intel Celeron N3160 Quad-Core processor. This new attractively priced 4-bay NAS server is capable of up to 40TB of storage space, making it the ideal choice for home and small office users seeking solid data protection with their own personal cloud, in conjunction with an optimized Multimedia centre.
- Embedded with Intel Celeron N3160 Quad Core CPU
- Running on the newly-designed, enhanced ThecusOS 7.0
- Seamless 4K Multimedia Playback
- Uninterrupted Accessibility with Thecus System Failover
- Secure Remote Access with Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Faster Transfers: 2 LAN Ports for Link Aggregation
- Complete Client Side Protection: Bundled with Free Acronis Software
With the N4810 built on the hardware of its little brother, the N2810PRO, users are equipped with the same immersive multimedia experience. Delivering superb sharpness and colour contrasts in 4K resolution playback, accessed through the HDMI output or DisplayPort output, guaranteeing that the picture quality from movies is just as the director envisioned. Connection to your digital sound system via a SPDIF output is available, providing crystal clear audio for music and movies. A new USB 3.0 Type-C port has been added to the three already equipped USB 3.0 ports. This Type-C connector is the size of a microUSB and has a reversible plug allowing cables to be conveniently plugged in either direction.
More differences of the N4810 compared to the N2810 series are a temperature controlled 92-mm-fan which stays under 25 dB and a LC-display with four buttons at the front which can be used to show system information also to execute basic settings, such as installation.
The N4810 runs on the latest ThecusOS 7.0, providing an optimized, feature-rich platform with a redesigned intuitive user interface and easy navigation. Key new features include Photo Center, File Center and Thecus App Center, an extensive variety of apps for modern digital lifestyles are ready to be accessed upon hardware installation. ThecusOS 7.0 delivers significant advancements in productivity, flexibility, and performance.
The N4810 substantially raises the redundancy rate in contrast to the N2810 series, with two extra bays the N4810 can cater for larger RAID configurations (RAID 0,1,5,6, 10 and JBOD). With greater RAID levels, improved performance and data protection is ascertained. The N4810 provides the essential services demanded of a NAS, with uncompromising data integrity, high-speed data transmission at home or in the office place, with immersive multimedia functionality. A worthy successor that will cater nicely to the middle of the range NAS market.
Experience ThecusOSTM 7.0
Redesigned User Interface
Optimized Storage Management
Streamlined Application Use P2P Connectivity via Orbweb.me App
Enjoy Your Home Theater
Built-in HDMI Output/DisplayPort/SPDIF
Seamless 4K Multimedia Playback
Media Streaming via Apple TV/Chromecast
Media Streaming to XBOX360/PS4
Enhanced Data Protection
Bundled with Free Acronis & Antivirus
Thecus System Failover
Secure Remote Access with VPN
Running on the newly-designed, enhanced ThecusOS 7.0
Thecus NAS runs on the newly designed ThecusOS 7.0 offering an easy to use, intuitive user interface. Introducing several new features including Photo Station, Thecus App Center, and User Profile, ThecusOS 7.0 delivers significant improvements in design, performance, and user experience.
Seamless 4K Multimedia Playback
Delivering superb sharpness and colour contrasts in 4K resolution playback, accessed through the HDMI output or DisplayPort output, guaranteeing that the picture quality from movies is just as the director envisioned. Connection to your digital sound system via a SPDIF output is available, providing crystal clear audio for music and movies.
Uninterrupted Accessibility with Thecus System Failover
The Thecus System Failover feature is a fault tolerance process that creates mirrored data volumes. With at least two Thecus NAS available, data is copied by schedule and all changes are mirrored between the two NAS. While the second NAS is not visible, it communicates with the primary NAS. In the event of a power or network failure, a scheduled maintenance, or other unforeseen circumstances, System Failover automatically redirects operations to the secondary Thecus NAS, which then acts as the primary NAS.
Secure Remote Access with Virtual Private Network (VPN)
A VPN Server allows users to remotely access a secure network. with VPNs, businesses will be able to utilize a cost-effective, scalable and secured network infrastructure for its client base.
Thecus RAID Protection
IT administrators can aggregate multiple RAID groups into a large storage pool to flexibly utilize their entire storage capacity as a whole, all the while improving data redundancy protected with data redundancy and allowing better data protection against multiple disks failure concurrently for large capacity environment. Thecus OS also allows for the creation of multiple volumes in the Storage Pool, improving customizability for various applications in typical business environments with diverse workgroups.
AES 256-bit RAID Volume Encryption
Thecus's AES 256-bit RAID volume encryption tool allows users to fully encrypt their entire RAID volume, defending essential data even in instances of theft.
Fault Tolerance up to RAID 10
When it comes to data management, Thecus NAS truly let you have it your way. Create multiple RAID volumes each supporting different RAID modes including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10 and JBOD for your own balance of performance and data protection.
RAID level migration allows RAID volumes to be easily moved from one NAS to another. And RAID expansion allows you to increase the size of your RAID volume by the gradual replacement of older drives with larger ones.
Snapshot Your Data
With BTRFS support, Thecus NAS users can enjoy the simplicity of snapshot backups. Through BTRFS subvolumes, snapshots of data at various time points can be manually or automatically made and just as easily later restored to rollback files or folders to previous states.
Complete Data Backup Solution
Bundled with Free Acronis Backup Software
Thecus brings the best to the table with Acronis's advanced backup software. Back up all your data with One-click Protection or pick and choose only your most important files. Acronis sports a slick interface, user-friendly design, and comprehensive features to keep your data safe.
Local Backup & Time Machine
PC users can utilize local backup devices while Mac users can automatically back up their entire Mac. Whenever a need arises, users can simply go back and recover files quickly and effortlessly
Real-Time Remote Replication (Rsync)
This innovative backup feature allows users to back up files instantly to their NAS, external hard drive, or remote NAS. RTRR saves you time as it is able to back up data immediately and automatically.
The Cloud Done Your Way
We’re a mobile society, and our NAS solutions are keeping up! Incorporated into Thecus NAS is support for Thecus’s T-OnTheGo smartphone app. Supporting both iOS and Android, this NAS management software enables users to access, copy, stream, and edit any data between their NAS and mobile device. Your own personal cloud, available from anywhere with internet access.
The private and public clouds meet with Thecus’ new DropBox, Amazon S3 and ElephantDrive cloud backup functionality! Guard your data with RAID at home and an additional level of protection in the Cloud. Just drag and drop files into the folder on your NAS and access them on any computer or mobile device with DropBox, Amazon S3 or ElephantDrive.
P2P Connectivity via Orbweb.me
Enjoy an always accessible cloud experience. Orbweb.me is a P2P module that allows users to easily view, stream and manage files in their NAS anytime and anywhere. No IP address is required. Besides that, Orbweb4.0 offers severalfeatures including webcam monitoring,timeline view and snapshot.
Multimedia Data Center
Direct Media File Playback via HDMI Output
Transform your NAS into the ultimate multimedia hub! Thecus NAS integrated HDMI output allows you to connect your NAS directly to your TV for direct device management and multimedia playback.
Media Streaming to XBOX360/PS4 via Plex Media Server
With the Plex Media Server installed on your Thecus NAS, various devices on your network (such as your Xbox 360 and mobile devices) can connect to and stream your local and online media. The server can also automatically assemble iTunes, iPhoto, and Aperture content. From your favorite videos to your mountains of music, Plex makes it easy to manage and enjoy all of your media on your Thecus NAS.
TV Streaming via Apple TV/Chromecast
Thecus NAS allow you to have your very own entertainment hub wherever you go. With TV streaming support and mobile apps, you can share all your favorite photos, music, and videos.
7 Modes of Link Aggregation for Faster Transfers
Link aggregation can sustain multiple network connections and provide redundancy in case one of the links fails. Thecus NAS supports 7 modes which provide Load Balance, Failover, 802.3ad, Balance-XOR, Balance-TLB, and Balance-ALB, Broadcast.
Flexible Storage Allocation with iSCSI LUN and Thin-Provisioning
Get the most out of your storage space with the extreme speed of iSCSI and the efficiency of iSCSI thin provisioning. Connect through iSCSI for the fastest data transfer speeds available and make wasted disk space a thing of the past with thin provisioning's flexible storage functionality.
|Thecus N4810 Hardware Platform|
|Processor||Intel Celeron N3160 1.6GHz burst up to 2.24gHz Quad Core|
|System Memory||4GB DDR3|
|LAN Interface||RJ-45x2: 10/100/1000 BASE-TX Auto MDI/MDI-X
|USB Interface||USB 3.0 host port (Front x1,Back x2) (A Type)
USB 3.0 host port (Back x1) (C Type)
|LED Indicator||Power LED: Blue
WAN/LAN1 LED: Yellow
LAN LED: Yellow
USB LED: Activity/Failure: Blue/Red
|LCM Module||HDMI port (back x1)|
|DP Output||DP port (back x1)|
|SPDIF||SPDIF port (back x1)|
|Disk Interface||4 x SATA for internal, support SATA II / SATA III hard disk|
|Power Adapter||90W external power adapter|
|Thermal/Fan control||Thermal sensor on processor temperature
System FAN speed controlled by temperature
|System Clock||Battery-backed up system clock|
|Power Management||Auto power on after shutdown due to power loss|
|Buzzer||Adjustable frequency alarm|
0°C to 40°C (Operation)
-40°C to 70°C (Non-operation)
Humidity: 0 ~ 80 % R.H. (Non-condensing)
|Chassis||4bays Tower Metal Chassis|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||192 x 172 x 250 (mm) / 7.56 x 6.77 x 9.84 (in)|
- RAID Modes: RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10 and JBOD
- Auto-rebuild: Supported
- Hot-swap: Supported
- Hot Spare: Supported
- RAID Expansion: Supported
- RAID Volume Encryption: AES256bit
- Power Management: Available spin-down while idle setting
- Bad Block Scan: Supported
- SMART Info: Supported
- SMART Test: Supported
- Disk Roaming: Supports volume-based roaming to other Thecus NAS (Require ThecusOS 7 64 bit)
- Disk Wipe and Clone: Supported
- Disk Security: Supported
- Conguration: Fixed IP address, dynamic IP address
- Transport Protocols: TCP/IP/Appletalk
- File Protocols: SMB/CIFS, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, NFS v4, AFP
- Link Aggregation: Load balance, Failover, 802.3ad, Balance-XOR, Balance-TLB, Balance-ALB, Broadcast
- TCP/IP: IPV6 & IPV4
- DDNS: Supported
- SSH: Supported
- UPnP: Supported
- UPnP Port forwarding: Supported
- Bonjour: Supported
- VPN Server: Supported
- vLan: Supported
- System Monitor: Monitoring CPU, Memory, Network Hard disk utilization
- Syslog Management:
- Send syslog to assigned location
- Act as syslog server to receive log info from other systems
- Client Incremental Data Backup: Acronis True Image (OEM version)
- Client System Disaster Recovery: Acronis True Image (OEM version)
- Mac OS X Time Machine: Supported
- Local folder/iSCSI Backup: Supported
- Remote folder/iSCSI Backup: Supported
- Snapshot: Supported (Btrfs)
- System Failover: Supported
- Client OS Support:
- Windows XP and after
- Windows Server 2003 and after
- Mac OS X
- FTP: Built-in FTP server with bandwidth control
- Secure FTP: Built-in secure FTP server with bandwidth control
- TFTP: Users can download and upload les with TFTP programs
- Download Manager: BT download (via Transmission module) NZB download (via NZB module)
- WebDAV/WebDAV SSL: Supported
- Printer Server (IPP):
- Supports USB printers
- Supports a wide range of IPP printers
- Client can manage print tasks (list/delete) via web user interface
Block Level Access
- iSCSI Target/Initiator: Supports Microsoft/Mac OS X/ Linux initiators and Thecus NAS targets
- iSCSI Thin Provisioning: Supported
- MPIO: Supported
- MCS: Supported
- Clustering: Supported
- SCSI3 persistent group reservation: Supported
- Scheduled Power On/Off: Supported
- Multiple RAID: Supported
Multiple File System Selectable: EXT4/XFS/Btrfs
- iTunes Server: Supports AAC, MP3 w/ID3 tag and WAV
- Media Server: Supports uPnP AV streaming protocol (via Module)
- Local User: Supports built-in user accounts
- Local Group: Supports built-in user groups
- Windows ADS: Supported
- LDAP: Supported
- Photo Center: Supported
File Center: Supported
APP Center: Supported
Surveillance Center: Supported
- DropBox: Supported (via module)
- ElephantDriver: Supported (via module)
- Amazon S3: Supported
- Type: Journaling File System
- Language Support: Unicode Support
- Authorization (ACL): “Read”, “write”, or “deny” privileges to individual users or groups in folders and sub-folders
- User Quota: Supported (exclude Btrfs)
- Folder Quota: Supported (Btrfs only)
- User Interface: Web-based user interface supports English, Traditional Chinese, Simplfied Chinese, Japanese, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian.
- Utility Program:
- MS Windows Setup Wizard
- Supports Windows XP and after
- Mac OS X Setup Wizard
- Email Notifications: Sends system messages via email to the system administrator
- SNMP Trap: System information trap out
- DDNS: Supported
- P2P Connection: Mail or FB account to register
Mobile Applications (iOS/Android)
- Thecus Connect (Android): Provides live up-to-date information of your NAS
- Thecus Wizard: Offers fast NAS Setup via your phone
- T-OnTheGo: Upload, download and stream multimedia
- Orbweb.me: Uploading, downloading, streaming multimedia and webcam via P2P connection
- Antivirus: Supported (via module)
- Stackable: Can extend for 5 additional iSCSI volumes from other Thecus NAS
- Scale-Out: Dynamic Volume Expansion
- Recycled Bin: Supported
- ISO Mount: Supported
- Local Display: X-Window via HDMI output
Download the Thecus N4810 Datasheet (.PDF)
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
List Price: $499.00
Our Price: $474.00