Faster, More Reliable Enterprise Storage at the Forefront of Technology
List Price: $2,999.00
Our Price: $2,849.00
Thecus Technology Corp, today unveiled their new enterprise-level NAS, the N12910. This 12-bay rackmount is the first to bring the Skylake Intel processor and next-generation RAM to the Thecus product range. Offering enhanced processing power and speed, alongside all the functionality and reliability that is synonymous with Thecus' enterprise-level NAS, this rackmount provides a powerful solution to tackle even the most intricate business storage requirements.
- Enterprise Size for Enterprise Tasks
- Real-time Remote Replication and System Disaster Recovery
- Bundled with Free Acronis True Image
- SATA III for Ultra-Fast Transfer Speeds
- 7 Modes of Link Aggregation for Faster Transfers
- RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 and JBOD
- Secure Remote Access with VPN Connection
The N12910 is equipped with the Intel Skylake Core i3-6100 3.70 GHz Dual-Core processor. This Intel processor architecture brings improvement with its manufacturing process, improved from the 20nm of Haswell (4th generation Core) to 14nm, this upgrade improves and delivers fast single-core performance while reducing the amount of electricity required.
Upgrading from the previous generation of DDR3 RAM, these NAS are equipped with 4GB (expandable to 64GB) DDR4 ECC RAM. DDR4 is the next evolution in DRAM, bringing even higher performance with migration to higher speed, more robust control features while improving energy economy with reduction in memory power demand.
The N12910 runs on the latest ThecusOS 7.0, providing an optimized, feature-rich platform with an intuitive user interface and easy navigation. Key new features include Photo Center, Thecus App Center and File Center. ThecusOS 7.0 delivers significant advancements in productivity, flexibility, and performance.
The N12910 from Thecus is designed to meet the needs of large businesses who operate with extensive amounts of data and who expect stalwart performance out of their NAS. Now with a faster processor and next-generation DDR4 RAM, this enterprise NAS delivers accelerated response time and handles multitasking with even greater ease than before. This robust, rapid and powerful rackmount storage solution further delivers on Thecus' ethos of ‘empowering professionals'.
HA System Redundancy
Thecus System Failover
7 Modes of Link Aggregation
SATA III and SAS 6G Supported
Great Scalability for Big Data
Advanced Virtualization with VMWare Certied
Scale Out: Dynamic Volume Expansion
Stackable for 5 Additional iSCSI Volumes
Reliable Data Protection
Bundled with Free Acronis & Antivirus
Real-time Remote Replication
Secure Remote Access with VPN
PLEX Media Center
The Plex Media Server is both the heart and brains for any digital media system. The free server is a module available on the Thecus App Center that allows you to set up and manage your media. With the Plex Media Server installed on your Thecus NAS, various devices on your network (such as your Xbox 360 and mobile devices) can connect to and stream your local and online media.
With BTRFS support, Thecus NAS users can enjoy the simplicity of snapshot backups. Through BTRFS subvolumes, snapshots of data at various time points can be manually or automatically made and just as easily later restored to rollback files or folders to previous states.
Disk Clone and Wipe
Disk Clone allows users to copy the entire contents of a disk to one or many other disks while Disk Wipe allows for permanent volume data destruction.
A VPN Server allows users to remotely access a secure network with VPNs, businesses will be able to utilize a cost-effective, scalable and secured network infrastructure for its client base.
High-end data centers often need a level of speed that today’s average Internet cannot provide. This Thecus NAS is 10Gb Ethernet ready to satisfy the toughest needs of today and tomorrow.
USB 3.0 Connectivity
The next generation of connectivity is here with speeds 10x faster than USB 2.0. Whether connecting digital cameras and smart phones, backing up large external hard drives, or extending the capacity of your NAS, USB 3.0 will make sure it's done in no time at up to 5 Gbit/s. Backwards compatibility adds the connectivity of a world full of USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 devices to get the best combination of speed and universal access.
Acronis True Image
Thecus brings the best to the table with Acronis’s advanced backup software. Back up all your data with One-click Protection or pick and choose only your most important files. Acronis sports a slick interface, user-friendly design, and comprehensive features to keep your data safe.
When it comes to data management, Thecus NAS truly let you have it your way. Create multiple RAID volumes each supporting different RAID modes including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 and JBOD for your own balance of performance and data protection. Should a hard drive malfunction occur, changing one is simple thanks to online RAID migration and expansion, hot spare, and auto rebuild.
Multiple File Systems
Support for multiple file systems including EXT4, Btrfs and XFS, gives Thecus NAS flexibility to handle many different types of environments. Users can simultaneously use different file systems across multiple RAID volumes to get the best of each one.
Get the most out of your storage space with the extreme speed of iSCSI and the efficiency of iSCSI thin provisioning. Connect through iSCSI for the fastest data transfer speeds available and make wasted disk space a thing of the past with thin provisioning's flexible storage functionality.
In the modern world, nothing is as important as reaching your data from anywhere. With T-OnTheGo and the T-Dashboard, you can manage your NAS, and upload to and download/stream from your NAS using an iOS or Android device on the go.
Backing up your data is very necessary, and everyone has specific needs when it comes to storage. Thecus’s Rsync functionality gives users great flexibility with remote backup capability, a flexible scheduler, and the stability of Linux-based transfer.
Divide the massive storage of a Thecus NAS among multiple users. Whether there are two users or 100, user quotas make it easy to divvy up and manage disk space.
Thecus NAS products are ready for a number of emerging technologies. Through the built in PCI-e slot, business users can add a 10G Ethernet Adaptor for lighting fast transfer speeds, or a USB 3.0 Adaptor Card to enjoy next-generation connectivity.
|Thecus N12910 Hardware Platform|
|Processor||Intel Skylake Core-i3 6100 3.7GHz Dual Core Processor|
|Processor Compatible with||Intel Skylake Celeron /Pentium /Core i3_i5_i7 / XEON
**Note: For special OEM/Project only.
|System Memory||4GB DDR4 ECC SDRAM shipped|
|Memory expandable up to||64GB|
|LAN Interface (PCI-e)||RJ-45x4 :Auto MDI/MDI-X
|USB Interface||USB 2.0 host port x2 (front x2)
USB 3.0 host port x4 (back x4)
|K/B and Mouse (PS2)||Supported|
|LCM||Displays system status and information|
System busy: (Yellow)
System alert : Redundant power or system fan failure (Red)
HDD 1-12 Activity/Fail (Green/Red)
|Available PCI-e slots||PCI-e x16 (x1) or PCI-e x8 (x2)
PCI-e x1 (x1)
|Disk Interface||12 x SATA for internal, support SATA II / SATA III hard disk|
|Power Supply||Redundant power supply 500W or more (80plus)|
|Environment||Temperature: 0°C to 40°C (Operation) -40°C to 70°C (Non-operation)
Humidity: 0 ~ 80 % R.H. (Non-condensing)
|Chassis||2U 12bay Rack mount|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||133 x 440 x 662 (mm) / 5.24 x 17.3 x 26.06 (in)|
|Weight||26.39 (Kgs) / 58.18(lb)|
- RAID Modes: RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 and JBOD
- Auto-rebuild: Supported
- Hot-swap: Supported
- Hot Spare: Supported
- RAID Level Migration: Supported
- RAID Expansion: Supported
- RAID Volume Encryption: AES256bit
- Power Management: Available spin-down on idle setting
- Bad Block Scanning: Supported
- SMART Info: Supported
- SMART Test: Supported
- Disk Roaming: Supports volume-based roaming to other Thecus NAS (require OS5 64bit)
- Disk Wipe and Clone: Supported
- Disk Security: Supported
- Configuration: Fixed IP address, dynamic IP address
- Transport Protocols: TCP/IP/Appletalk
- File Protocols: SMB/CIFS, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, NFS v4, AFP
- Link Aggregation: Load balance, Failover, Balance-XOR, 802.3ad, Balance- TLB, Balance-ALB, Broadcast
- TCP/IP: IPV6 & IPV4
- DDNS: Supported
- SSH: Supported
- UPnP: Supported
- UPnP Port forwarding: Supported
- Bonjour: Supported
- VPN Server: Supported
- vLan: Supported
- System Monitor: Monitoring CPU, Memory, Temperature, fan, network utilization and protocols access user count
- Syslog Management:
- Send syslog to assigned location
- Act as syslog server to receive log info from other systems
- Client Incremental Data Backup: Acronis True Image (OEM)
- Client System Disaster Recovery: Acronis True Image (OEM)
- Local folder/iSCSI Backup: Supported
- Remote folder/iSCSI Backup: Supported
- High Availability: Supported
- Mac OS X Time Machine: Supported
- Snapshot: Supported (Btrfs)
- System failover: Supported
- Client OS Support:
- Windows XP and after
- Windows Server 2003 and after
- Mac OS X
- FTP: Built-in FTP server with bandwidth control
- Secure FTP: Built-in secure FTP server with bandwidth control
- TFTP: Users can download and upload files with TFTP programs
- Download Manager: BT download (via Transmission module) NZB download (via NZB module)
- WebDAV/WebDAV SSL: Supported
- Printer Server (IPP):
- Supports USB printers
- Supports a wide range of IPP printers
- Client can manage print tasks (list/delete) via web user interface
Block Level Access
- iSCSI Target/Initiator: Supports Microsoft/Mac OS X/ Linux initiators and Thecus NAS targets
- iSCSI Thin Provisioning: Supported
- MPIO: Supported
- MCS: Supported
- Clustering: Supported
- SCSI3 persistent group reservation: Supported
- Scheduled Power On/Off: Supported
- Multiple RAID: Supported
- Multiple File System Selectable: EXT4/XFS/Btrfs
- Tunes Server: Supports AAC, MP3 w/ID3 tag and WAV
- Media Server: Supports uPnP AV streaming protocol (via Module)
- Local User: Supports built-in user accounts
- Local Group: Supports built-in user groups
- Windows ADS: Supported
- LDAP: Supported
- Access Guard: Supports Black & White list/IP Filter
- Photo Center: Supported
- File Center: Supported
- APP Center: Supported
- DropBox: Supported (via module)
- ElephantDriver: Supported (via module)
- Amazon S3: Supported
- Type: Journaling File System
- Language Support: Unicode Support
- Authorization (ACL): “Read”, “write”, or “deny” privileges to individual users or groups in folders and sub-folders
- User Quota: Supported (exclude Btrfs)
- Folder Quota: Supported (Btrfs only)
- User Interface: Web-based user interface supports English, Traditional Chinese, Simplfied Chinese, Japanese, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian.
- Utility Program:
- MS Windows Setup Wizard
- Supports Windows XP and after
- Mac OS X Setup Wizard
- Email Notifications: Sends system messages via email to the system administrator
- SNMP Trap: System information trap out
- P2P Connection: Mail registration to connect NAS remotely
Mobile Applications (iOS/Android)
- Thecus Connect (Android): Provides live up-to-date information of your NAS
- Thecus Wizard: Offers fast NAS Setup via your phone
- Thecus T-OnTheGo: Upload, download and stream multimedia
- Orbweb.me : Uploading, downloading, streaming multimedia and webcam via P2P connection
- Antivirus: Supported (via module)
- Stackable: Can extend for 5 additional iSCSI volumes from other Thecus NAS
- Scale Out: Dynamic volume expansion
- Recycle Bin: Supported
- Web Server: Supported (via module)
- ISO Mount: Supported
- User Access Log: Supported
- User / System Module: Supported
- IP Cam Surveillance: Supported via Motion Eye
- UPS: Supported through USB interface
- Local Display: X-Window via HDMI output
Download the Thecus N12910/N12910SAS/N16910SAS Datasheet (.PDF)
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
List Price: $2,999.00
Our Price: $2,849.00